Vacancy: Parliamentary Engagement Officer (Scotland)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a values-driven organisation and campaign on issues such as climate justice, peace, and migrant rights.
We are looking for a Parliamentary Engagement Officer to lead our public affairs work in Scotland. The role involves:
- lobbying on topics including sustainability and social justice (find out more about our work)
- engaging with MSPs and other key stakeholders to promote Quaker priorities
- supporting Quakers in Scotland to influence local and national politicians.
The successful candidate will have:
- knowledge and experience of campaigning and influencing in the Scottish political arena
- the ability to work alone, take the initiative, and manage your own workload with support from your line-manager
- understanding of and sympathy with Quaker values (though you do not need to be a Quaker).
Salary: £20,677 (£29,538 pro rata per annum)
Contract: Part-time – permanent
Hours: 24.5 hours per week
Location: Edinburgh (home or co-working space)
Closing date: Monday 23 March
Interviews: Thursday 2 April
For further details of this role and information on how to apply, please visit our jobs page.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal conversation about this role, please contact graced [at] quaker.org.uk (Grace Da Costa), Public Affairs and Advocacy Manager.
Britain Yearly Meeting is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk and expect all our staff and volunteers to share and uphold this commitment.
Quakers have a faith commitment to equality and encourage and welcome applications for posts from all sections of society. You do not have to be a Quaker to apply for this post, but we expect you to uphold the values of our organisation.
Britain Yearly Meeting is committed to equality in all of its employment practices.