Quakscot way forward.jpg
- The report Published 12 March 2023
- Further information
- Contact us
You asked me to work with a group appointed by General Meeting to explore ways to sustain your meetings across Scotland. In the last month the group has proved that Quakers can work fast to produce a report when their discernment together gives a clear leading. We offer this report to you Friends.
I hope you will have time to read it with Friends in your meeting in preparation for it being considered at your AMs in April and May and at GM in June, and look forward to meeting many of you at your Area Meetings when you consider our report and recommendation.
Like the rest of the team, I am ready to answer questions or meet with you on line.
- Read the OfS2 report (or as pdf file, 1Mb) Changing our Structures for the future benefit of Quakers in Scotland. The first page is a summary.
- Questions and Answers (FAQ) (webpage) or as 0.2Mb pdf file. Based on questions asked at consultation sessions and elsewhere.
Information beyond the contents of the report:
- Draft Memorandum of Understanding (pdf file 0.5Mb) outlining possible arrangement of responsibilities, though many details will still need to be agreed.
- About the OfS2 task (webpage only) - summary of why it is needed, and the issues. Presentation from preparatory info for consultation sessions, Jan 2023.
- GM Minutes explaining where the concern came from. Or as 0.2Mb pdf file.
- OfS 1 report and progress (webpage only) - the work that was done up to the OfS2 group being formed, and progress with its recommendations.
- Options analysis (pros and cons) - in more detail than the report. Or as 0.2Mb pdf file.
- Similar initiatives in other regions of the UK - work in 4 regions concisely summarised. Or as 0.1Mb pdf file.
- Costs estimates. Or as 0.1Mb pdf file.
- Path to implementation - steps and approximate timescale. Or as 0.1Mb pdf file.
If you would like to ask questions or send further input, best to contact one of the group members from your AM (listed below), but you can also email Neil Turner (neilturn [at] gmail.com (subject: From%20Options for Quaker Scotland) ) or Lesley Richards (convenor, lesley.richards [at] rocketmail.com (subject: from%20OfS2 webpage) ) with any queries or responses.